You must be 19+ years of age by 31 August 2020. You have to have been a resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 years or be a family member of an EEA national. You are expected to attend and be punctual at all sessions.
If you are interested in a course please fill in the form at the bottom of this page or call us on 01724 297146. If you are a customer of the jobcentre please ask your work coach for a direct referral.
Content & Overview
Set out by the Government in 2011 the six British Values will help you with your life in today’s modern Britain. This course is a basic introduction to the core British Values. Examples of what you will learn include:
- an understanding of how citizens can influence decision-making through the democratic process
- an understanding that the freedom to hold other faiths and beliefs is protected in law
- an acceptance that people having different faiths or beliefs to oneself (or having none) should be accepted and tolerated.
- an understanding of the importance of identifying discrimination
The qualification has 6 learning outcomes:
- Rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect and tolerance
- Keeping safe from radicalisation
If you do not complete courses that are free of charge. You may have to pay the full cost.
|08.09.20||Tuesday||9.30am – 11.30am||6 weeks||CrosbyOne||Free|
|10.09.20||Thursday||12.30pm – 2.30pm||6 weeks||Crosbyone||Free|
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who are interested in improving their understanding of British Values. This course may also be useful for people who have recently moved to the U.K.
Application and initial assessment. You will need your ID and National Insurance Number.
Through online learning and face to face – a variety of teaching and learning strategies will be employed including discussions, video and listening activities, quizzes.
The qualification will be awarded to learners who successfully achieve the single mandatory unit via an online multiple-choice examination
Guidance is given regarding opportunities and careers. Upon successful completion of this course, you may progress onto:
- GATEWAY Living and Working in the UK – Entry 3/Level 1
- GATEWAY Level 1 Award in British Values.
You will need to bring a notepad and a pen.