You must be 19+ years of age by 31 August 2020. You have to have been a resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 years or be a family member of an EEA national.
If you are interested in a course please fill in the form at the bottom of this page or call us on 01724 297146. If you are a customer of the Jobcentre, please ask your work coach for a direct referral.
Content & Overview
This qualification aims to:
- Introduce you to the basics of counselling.
- Understand the Issues for which people seek counselling and how counselling can help.
- Understand the key skills counsellors use in their practice including listening skills.
- Understand and practice these skills in the classroom setting
- Understanding the use of reflection in practice, and within documentation
To be awarded the Level 1 Award in Counselling learners are required to successfully complete 2 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Introducing Counselling Skills
- Unit 02 Using Counselling skills to help others
People who are working or seeking to work in health care settings. It will further develop your listening skills both in work and daily life. It is also ideal if you want an introduction to counselling skills in preparation for further learning and training. A suitable qualification for CPD.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
This is a face to face learning course. There will be some work to complete at home to achieve the criteria involved in the two units. Tutorial support will be offered throughout the course.
|To be confirmed||Tuesday||5pm – 8pm||8 weeks||Engineering UTC||£150*|
*Course may be free of charge, depending upon your circumstances – please enquire.
You will be expected to work for up to 1.5 hours per week on activities at home, as directed by your tutor.
Weekly classroom sessions will address the learning outcomes required. Work will be completed online in google classroom but can be hand written if preferred.
Guidance is given throughout the course regarding opportunities and careers. Upon successful completion of this course, you may progress onto further courses:
- Gateway Qualification Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- Health and Social Care Courses
You will need to bring a notebook and pen.