Our work skills courses are aimed at raising aspirations and confidence to help you make the right choices to get into employment. These courses range from where to start with your CV, to preparing for that all important interview.
If you are interested in a course please fill in the form at the bottom of this page or call us on 01724 862217. Alternatively, just call in to see us at Ashby Link. If you are a customer of the jobcentre please ask your work coach for a direct referral.
|27.04.20||Monday & Tuesday||9am – 3pm||4 weeks||Ashby Link||Free*|
|08.06.20||Monday & Tuesday||9am – 3pm||4 weeks||Baysgarth Hub||Free*|
*This course is currently free of charge. If you fail to complete the course, you may have to pay the full cost.
Develop your knowledge of, and confidence in, the job application and interview process, together with reading, writing and numeracy skills. Through workshop activities and online learning, this course will help you get into work and improve your confidence.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- The skills and qualities employers look for
- Identifying your own personal skills and qualities for work
- Matching skills to jobs
- The importance of effective written and verbal communication
- Positive behaviour
- Listening to others
- The importance of mutual respect and tolerance
WORKING IN A TEAM
- Why employers want teamwork skills
- The skills and qualities needed for good teamwork
- Supporting and encouraging team members
APPLYING FOR JOBS AND WRITING COVER LETTERS
- Where to look for jobs
- Understanding the job market and the hidden job market
- Completing application forms
- The structure, layout and content of a CV
- Tailor your CV to fit a job description
- Write an appropriate personal statement
- Preparing for an interview and practice interview questions
- Creating a good first impression
- Tips on how to perform well at interview
HELPING YOU TO LEARN
Qualification (Vocational) courses only.
If you are in receipt of the following benefits, you may be eligible for full fee remission:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) in the Work Related Activity Group (WRAG)
- Universal Credit and earning less than £338.00 a month (single claim) or £541.00 (household claim)
- Aged 19-23 yrs studying a first full Level 2 qualification
Fee remission is also available for eligible co-funded learners who are employed but on a low income (less than £16,009.50 annual gross salary)