Statement of Service – Information and Advice
This statement describes the Information and Advice Service available from North Lincolnshire Council Adult Education and Community Learning. This service is available to our current learners and anyone who is considering accessing learning.
We aim to offer a service that is:
- Confidential and impartial
- Open and transparent
- Accessible to all
- Committed to equality of opportunity
This Information and Advice Service may include:
- Help with choosing, applying and enrolling for courses
- Advice on financial help available. There may be help through the Discretionary Learner Support Fund for course costs, childcare costs, travel costs, or access to equipment and/or resources.
- Referral to specialist staff for English, Maths, ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages), ICT, Employability, and Childcare Education and Training assessments
- Information on learning support resources
Our vocational courses require an informal interview or attendance at an information session before attending class. Please help us by:
- Being on time for appointments
- Giving reasonable notice if unable to attend
- Treating Adult Education and Community Learning members of staff and premises with politeness and respect
- Participating in evaluations about the information and advice received
Customer comments and suggestions
AECL encourage learners to tell us what we are doing well, or what we could do better or differently
Learners can tell us in person, by telephone, via our Facebook page or by completing a Customer Comments/Suggestion form which are available from our Customer Service offices.
If a learner has a complaint about the service they have received, they can contact the IAG and Customer Service Supervisor in the first instance. If the complaint cannot be resolved at this point or if further investigation has not been concluded to the learner’s satisfaction, then they have the right to make a formal complaint by following North Lincolnshire Council’s formal complaint’s procedure.
How to contact us
Customer Service Team Tel: 01724 297146
Online contact form here
Ashby Link Adult Education and Community Learning Centre
Ashby High Street
We have temporarily moved to the Engineering UTC. So the new place to find us is:
Engineering UTC Northern Lincolnshire