We offer different volunteering opportunities at North Lincolnshire Adult Education and Community Learning. You could provide valuable assistance in the classroom, support at our events or work within an office environment.
Benefits to volunteering include:
- Social skills, confidence and friendships
- Gain new experiences and knowledge
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Develop or enhance your CV
Building Better Opportunities (BBO)
- Adult Education & Community Learning staff work with The Action Station to offer clients from Building Better Opportunities (BBO) and adults with disabilities volunteering opportunities at Normanby Hall.
- Learners grow and harvest their own vegetables in a walled garden area.
BBO clients complete a non accredited ‘Preparing to Work as a Volunteer’ course followed by an NCFE Level 1 Award in Volunteering qualification.
- Learners with disabilities completed a seasonal cooking course as a progression route
- Learners with disabilities have an opportunity to progress onto a Building Better Opportunities programme
Volunteer Reading Champions
- A partnership between Adult Education & Community Learning, North Lincolnshire Children’s Literacy Trust, Words Count and North Lincolnshire Schools
- Over 60 Volunteer Reading Champions have been trained since 2018
- Supporting 23 different schools across North Lincolnshire
- Training sessions held termly at Ashby Link or in schools if they have a cohort of 10+ volunteers
For more information please contact Paul Burnett – Safeguarding and Support Officer.
Telephone: 01724 297467
For information about volunteering at other organisations, please visit Voluntary Action North Lincolnshire (VANL).